Welcome to Calgary.
St. Mina Newcomers Service is happy to offer these services to the newcomers:
- Airport Pickup (From Calgary International Airport – YYC).
- Assistance with obtaining government papers and identification (SIN card, Health Card, Banking, …etc).
- Provide comprehensive knowledge of what information is required for Newcomers.
- Helping in first settlement to the newcomers (Housing, Furniture, Schooling, … etc).
- Providing needful information about the Canadian government supportive programs for newcomer’s immigrants (English Language courses, Food, Calgary Housing, …etc).
- Helping in finding suitable jobs for newcomers in Collaboration with St. Mina Employment service group.
Congratulations for your immigration visa for you and your family.
Here are some important points to put in your consideration before you come to Canada:
- Please send your flight number, time of arrival and airline information to the newcomer’s servant to arrange for your airport pick up.
- It is advisable to book few days after your arrival in one of the motels with reasonable rates. Please Google- motels at Calgary- and find the suitable one try to book it at North West (NW Calgary) which is close to Downtown and the church. It is advisable to book in a motel close to Train and Bus stations.
- As you know we have to have a car insurance in Canada so if you are planning to buy a car please bring a certificate (شهادة بيانات) from (El Mourour- المرور) and Insurance Letter from your insurance company proving that you did not have any car accidents for long time (good outstanding certificate) this certificate will save you a lot of money every month please translate it to English.
- In the airport, they will ask you for an address in Calgary to send your papers and cards to it. Please contact anyone of the newcomer’s servants who will look after this request.
- It is advisable to bring the Baptism certificates for kids (in English) . You can translate it at any translation office or please go to Oskofiat el Khadamat – Elabasiyiah Cathetral – Cairo- اسقفية الخدمات to translate it to you. In Calgary, all Catholic schools accept our church baptism certificates.
- Bring all your and your spouse experience certificates (In English) to help you searching for jobs.
- Please don’t bring any electrical devices except Phones, Laptops.. etc. As you know the electricity power and Voltage is different than Electricity in the Middle East.
- You can bring some Utensils, Blankets as much weight as the airline will allow you to carry.
- On the main website you can see all the services (Masses, Sunday school, bible study sessions, …etc) http://www.stminacalgary.ca.
- The newcomers servants will help you to issue your cards (Health cards, Social Insurance cards, Banking, Housing, …etc ) so do not be worry about that.
Wish you all the best, and see you soon!
For any more information please contact: